Thursday, February 24, 2005

Life I'm Life

Over time things were supposed to come together. I mean, well at least that's what elders told us. "They" would always say you have time, you will get there. We're like ok, I'm here now, were is my prize. As I reflect, I noticed that everyone I know is currently in transition. Everyone is about to do something! Especially now considering the base of people I know reside in there twenties. Some outside, but most inside. Everyone is constantly evolving into this thing, or there idea of comfortable and greatness. It's crazy because I met an older (48) gentlemen the other day that said he was in transition. He said "Once I get this paper, I will be straight!" I was thinking man, your 48, your not straight now? I'm rushing to get things done only to find out that sooner than later I will still find myself in transition? Granite things happen, and things are put in perspective, but damn. Even the guy that I think has it together says, "you gotta win". I'm like win what! The guy says you gotta win within. If you win within you will when til the end in everything you do. So now this brings me to the title "Life I'm Life. Are we between lives right now, sorta like the phrase "Job I'm Job!" (Meaning I'm between jobs right now.) Being that we are in transition how can we possibly be any one place. Is one foot in yesterday, and the next in tomorrow? That wouldn't be cool, hopefully are feet are planted in now and we grab our goals by the horns!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many of us like to think that we have our feet planted in the "now", but in reality we live with one foot in the past and one in the future. We look at what we don't have and how long we haven't had it and look to the future for things to be different, however we forget to look at the now which will ultimately bring us to our goals which lie ahead. This is what causes us to be in that so called "transition" period for so long. But then again, you have to ask yourself will that transition period ever end? As human beings I like to think that we always strive more, so when we get "there" will we really be where we want to be or will we continue on through another transition?

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I will forever be in transition. Maybe not major life transitions as now, but I can't imagine no longer pursuing anything or evolving into greater things. I'd like to someday be able to relax and watch my $ work for me, but then it would be on to new things and new ideas. At 48, it may seem late for that gentleman to be in transition, but apparently he got a wake up call and felt it better for him to do something at 48, rather than to have that epiphany at 60. I'd imagine that at 48 he'd have even more reason for transition because he's had blinders on for much longer than any 20 something could have. At his age, he probably has dependants....and I'm thinking that he probably has much more to lose at his age. Hapiness, a sense of achievment and self-pride is invaluable.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have to learn to live with regrets. Many of us don't live with any foot in the future cause we are so caught up on what happened in the past that we live the present trying to "make things right". And as the years roll by we wonder why we are still in the same place in life. It's because we are so caught up in the past that we can't live the present to its fullest potential. True, we should learn from the past, but at the same time we should not let it control our present. RZA from Wu-Tang once said, "Life is like video footage, hard to edit. Directors, they never understood it." So with that learn to live with regrets...don't let regrets live for you.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Living with regrets is actually more difficult than it may seem. These items are a part of every functioning person’s life. Everyone would be prosperous if accumulating regrets and being able to live with them were easy. A person is going to accumulate regrets constantly when they are in “transition...”
When you set goals to attain, you will always continue to move towards those goals. Goals are the fuel of transitioning. Transition is actually not a bad state of being. Your goals are constantly renewed once you accomplish them which will ultimately leave you in a state of continuous transition. It is the times that you find that you are idle, when you must search your inner-self to find what hinders you and allow yourself to set new goals.

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some points of transition are merely empty promises to yourself and others. Transistion is not always good. There is a such thing called being complacent and being cool with that state. One of the major issues with society is we always want more than we need. Do you want more than you need? I've gotten far and have been really happy with much less, I wonder why now I fiend for so much more.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home