Monday, February 28, 2005

The good times!

It was great when it was good. The things that we do are moments, and we should take advantage of those moments. We seem to search for so much more in so little things. Life is a series of moments some more significant than others, but still moments. Small moments may make larger ones and so on. When I started out alone in adulthood, I always thought there would be more fun. More of something, but I never knew what more was. I just knew it existed. It's sorta funny because I would rush to the fun, get there and then say I waited for this! Now I except everything for what it is. I find fun in the little things, wait patiently for the large things, and if moments come, they come. I look forward to sitting on the couch, watching my favorite movie, or driving through my childhood neighborhood. It doesn't have to be big for it to be great. The good times are what we take for granted.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems as though we are always looking for that mind blowing time of our life. "I can't wait for this.." and dreaming of when "that" time comes. As long as we can look back and say "where I am is better than where I once was" and depending on what you value more, you may be in the time of your life now and not even know it.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have often found that when you create high expectations for future events in your life, many times you will be let down. Nothing comes out the way we pictured it to be. I'm not saying that the experience will be bad, just different. Unfortunately, we don't live in a fairytale world. I think that when we live life in the "now" and take things for what they are in the present, those moments turn out to be "perfect". It's just what we have been looking for. Sometimes we don't realize this until we look back at those moments in our life when something made us happy and life was this enjoyable thing. It's those moments that we wish to get back, but we're not able to because we can't live in the past. If we don't slow down we might miss them all over again.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home