Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Caught in the middle

I stepped forward and you stepped back.
Once I noticed, I was stuck in the middle.

So stuck in the middle, so in between places.
I wanted to be where you are, but I only could be in the middle.

As I moved forward I noticed you drifting back suddenly.
My body language asked why, but you escaped without word.

I noticed in conversations that plans were definitely put on hold.
You were backing out, and I was caught in the middle. I was in this
place where the only thing I could do was wait. I wanted to be in the place
where all I had to do is move forward.

Conversations were less and words out of your mouth were less. Things
more directed at me to take off focus of you. It wasn't about us anymore
it was about you, and then it was about me. But definitely never about
us. It seemed like it could be so, but those words were always spoken so slow.

I challenge the actions, but never could get a soft answer. It was always so harsh, and always so empty. I was caught in the middle and the only thing I could do is begin to withdraw because it seems as if you already withdrew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home