Monday, April 18, 2005

4 Twenties sake!

What is being in your twenties all about? Do you think it's about finding yourself? Do you think it's about defining self? Is it about making money, or is it about making someone else happy? All of these things are pushed upon us on a daily basis. They say being a teenager is very difficult. My teenage years were a breeze. We have to make the right choices, meet the right people, build and develop for our future. Wow.... All by being the same person. It's impossible to be the one same person inside and out. We all have multiple personalities. We all wake up wanting to be different, and while thinking differently, we end of in the same ship. It seems as if we all take different paths, but in up in the same destinations. How can that be? We all strive to be "different". What the heck is different? I meet people often, and they say I'm different than most. I guess because, in our twenties we are trying to define ourselves, and I guess it would be disappointing to end up like everyone else. Even though we claim to be different, how can you spot like individuals without carry out too much conversation? How can we determine this info? My idea of a serene life is to obtain much success under the radar. To be known without being known. To infect society, without society knowing it has been affected by me. Sorta like, a large company putting out a product, but you don't even know who the CEO is. It's amazing how we all have different agendas. Young souls have so much energy. So many aspirations. Why do we let life beat us down. I have aspirations, and that is to not let life beat me down. No matter how many times it does, I want to sustain my drive. Keep following through. Being in your twenties is hard. Trying to maintain your sanity, while trudging along with the daily grind. Your single and your not responsible for anything other than yourself, and you still can't barely maintain that. Lost! So lost! If God only gives us what we can handle, than I'm asking for more than I can handle. I want it all. Now is the time for me to except it all. For twenties sake, can I make it through. I'm almost done. I've made it through while accomplishing very little.

For twenties sake we will remember these times for the rest of our lives. How many people reflect back to their 30's? I imagine very little. When I look back, my twenties were like a constant vacation. Partying, laughing, crying, trying, and building. If I could be trapped in something, I would love for it to be the twenties.

-College
-Alcohol
-Friends
-Work
-Dreams
-Goals
-Partying
-Sex
-Money
-Fake friends
-First boss
-Roommates
-Life
-God

Twenties--------

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the 20's are all about finding yourself. You're no longer a under parental care and have the freedom to be who you really are, or who you aspire to be. Sometimes its funny, you're so busy trying to be something, that once you're there, it's like "damn, I'm grown, now what?" We all take different paths, and Yes, I am different! In a world full of "different" people, you may ask different from what? My answer would be "different from what I could have been had I taken the easy route like most indifferent people do". While everyone may be different, alot of people are the same. I'm surrounded by people that like the same things amongst themselves, I am always the oddball and fine with that. Love being in my 20's, it's a decade of revolving change and depending what we choose to do in those 10 years may shape the rest of our lives.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how time flies.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home