Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Drones

Good times

Spring time
Country time
My time
Family time
Work time
Movie time
Dinner time
Summer time
Real time
Down time
Lunch time
Drink time
Think time
Friendly time

I woke up this morning and the sun hit my face, my brown eyes opened and my day began. While looking in the mirror I noticed a difference. I noticed
wisdom in my eyes, pain in my distinct features, and youth in my smile. I wonder were the pain comes from? Have I lived a hard life? I beg to differ.
Although my writings convey hard thoughts, and thinking, all of these experiences aren't through my own eyes. You see smart people learn from their own
mistakes and wise people learn from others.

While driving to work I noticed drones. People with predetermined paths. Some paths carved for the rest of their lives, and others for the moment. As I try
my hardest not to blend in, my traps are even deeper. I have a stack of goals that reaches the top of the Empire State bldg. I have a predetermined path
that makes me more of a drone than anyone else. The DC struggle, the commute, the bureaucracy. All things which make me a slave. What makes me different?
What makes you different? Is it because you consider yourself different, or is it because you set out to be different? Do you know how hard it is to not
live this mundane lifestyle. How much effort it takes to be, without being involved.

As I reflect on the good times. I wonder, am I a slave to my words? Am I drone preprogrammed by this enigma. I am perplexed, and the only thing for me to
do is to challenge my own mind. Challenge my drive, bring the good times. Evolve from the drone style of life. It's possible I guess.

It seems as if we are working hard and doing the drone thing all to live for the good times later. What if there is no later. What if later is now, and if
we don't maximize now than we're doomed. We're drones, we wouldn't know the difference. We are already caught up. Let the good times be now, and just succumb
to lifestyle that you have unconsciously built. Hopefully the good times will come more than often.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drones, and good times really don't match. I tend to think my life is what I make it, and the pressures of society don't affect me. I don't know that just me!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What if there is no later. What if later is now, and if
we don't maximize now than we're doomed."

Damn, I never thought about this and it's actually kind of scary. If this is the highlight of my life, then I'm concerned. It's gotta get better than this. "This" aint bad, matter fact it's pretty good, but I always forsee better things. What if they never came? What if tomorrow never came? wow. Does this mean that I should be all I can be now, or relax for once in my life? Definitely something to think about.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let the good times roll. If they don't, let the bad times roll.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home