Friday, April 22, 2005

Off the beaten track

A bit off the beaten track I was. A bit away from the normal hustle I wanted to be. I was granted my wish, and it was so. Away I stayed, inside I layed. I kept to myself, while embracing myself. You all spoke of living on an island, but my island was in my mind. I was constantly on an island by myself.

A bit off the beaten track. A bit away from everyone else. I choose this life, because it made me feel like no one else. I'm glad for it, because I was stronger than everyone else. Robert Frost once said "I took the road less traveled, and that made all the difference." I took the road less traveled and ended up finding another road. A road that was full, but I had to go there. It was were I could find my answers, but everyone was their. It was you, and you, what could I do. I stayed the course and kept low key, but still I found a few like me. They were cool and quite, never spoke too much. They had many thoughts, all that resembled people like us. It was once said that no great thing is done alone, so when I realized this I opened up more. I was surprised to see so much more.

A bit off the beat track, some things were out of whack. I stayed away from the most traveled road, stayed on course and choose to never go back. I smiled at the top, and cried at the bottom. I'm glad I choose to never go back off of the old beaten track.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feelings that are inside, that finally come out free my soul.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes solidarity calms the soul.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home