Monday, May 09, 2005

Summers for me

-Summer breezes
-Sundaes caramel/chocolate
-Slurpees
-Running
-Basketball
-Tennis
-Biking
-Ocean water
-Sunroof back
-Clean cars
-Sunglasses
-Sun shining
-Weekends
-Fire works
-Blizzards (DQ)
-Driving with the windows down
-Outdoor parties
-Swimming
-Eating crabs
-Not going to work in the middle of the week, on a beautiful day.
-Amusement parks
-Cold drinks
-Family gatherings
-Making money on a beautiful day

Summers are high strung, chaotic, and rambunctious. Summer nights scream for peace, but represent freedom. Summer is what we're looking forward too. Why does the summer bring out the best and worst in a person? Why do we expose our weaknesses in the summer time?

While Sitting outside it seems like the sun is sitting on my shoulder. I need this heat. It reminds me of the winter time when I begged for the summer to get here. The weather is a representation of me wishing time away. Once I realize this, I start to complain about the 100 degree weather, and now I began to wish I was out of the heat.

The heat... It represents so much. It brings back summer excursions in my teenage years. It brings back sweet memories when my worries meant less, and my wants meant more. Toasting with 40's while looking at the car with the best rims with the badest chick. Summers when my friends were all that I had, and all we did was look forward to another day just bullshitting. Summer time when we went to Greek Fest, and beaches just to look at pretty things. Now summers are about making money. Working hard and playing hard. Getting time to your self, and making the impossible possible. Being able to only enjoy the sun when it's on it's way down. Being able to feel the weather nice for a just a few hours. Summer times for me, summer times when my mind choose to flea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home