Monday, March 14, 2005

Fooling yourself

Is it possible to lie to yourself? People always say don't fool yourself, as if they are realist and they never hope. Since when did my reality and conscience come from someone other than myself? I think as an adult in this free world, I should be able to lie to myself, and be the fool. If that's what I want. I mean at some point we are all fools. It's my world right? Or as I often say "It's your world!". Don't get me wrong I'm glad for your expert opinion, and I am fortunate to receive it. Especially when I was just thinking that I was going to accidently fall in to a billion dollars today. If it wasn't for you I would have probably went crazy had you not blessed me with your expert knowledge. Hold up, that's sorta harsh. I mean your in a relationship and someone is giving you the "best advice" a friendship can buy, and they say to you "Don't fool yourself!". Your already feeling like crap, and then the icing on the cake comes. Hey, everyone is the "realist" when adversity is not weighing on there shoulders. It's easy to say what you would do, when your not in that position. I often fool myself all of the time. Well at least everyone else tells me that I'm fooling myself. Not in those words, but similarly. Sometimes I would like to stay in my own world. Sometimes I would really like to think that I am going to be a billionaire, and the world will move at my command. Hey, it feels good thinking it. It's like a mirage in the desert. Believe it or not. I dream of being a King. I dream of being the man behind the button. Which brings me to my thoughts, what is exactly fooling yourself. Is it as simple as being 25 minutes from an appointment, but for some strange reason you think you can make it in 15 because your late? Or is it more serious? Is it going to work everyday making 6 figures, and everyone telling you that your the shit. I mean your happy right? Everyone says, if I made six figures I would be straight! Would you? You maybe fooling yourself. Especially when people goto work everyday for that amount of money, and they hate going to work. I mean don't get me wrong, that's a substantial amount of compensation for waking up everyday and knowing something that millions of others know that make half that amount. Your friends and family help you fool yourself. They say your fortunate to be young and black in this position. Your fortunate to make all of that money, and have your independence. Well, I guess, if that's what you want. So, that's were the fooling begins. That's where the lies creep in. Your forced to think this is the path. What your circle says is great. What do you really want to do? What do you really want to say? Are you really ok with the everyday mundane lifestyle? Are you really happy making all that money?
LOL. Well, in this world the money sure does help. Every penny and the next mans penny helps me, let me tell you. Don't lie to yourself, don't even fool yourself. Have your thoughts and go with them. Have your dreams and go with them. Your young and everyone tells you that the world is yours. Why not act as if it is. I mean why settle for something that is "right". Go for something you want. I think we often settle for things we think we need. That's were the lying and fooling comes in. Your going to work when you really want to be a scuba diver. Your being a programmer when you really want to be an actor. We fool each other everyday. Sure we get to choose the career we want along with everything else we do, but for some reason, I think we choose out of the given choices. For the choices we want to choose from. We don't have to fool ourselves any longer. Stop fooling yourself. I'm no longer fooling myself. I've dug deep and found my desires. I'm going to fly away and soar above the realist. Above the people that tell me my needs, and tell me my wants are childish, and not realistic. The ones that say stop fooling yourself. All I have our my thoughts and wants. Even though the needs carry you through, achieving the wants are what brings you up.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it healthy to "fool yourself" into dreaming the impossible dream. To believe when no one else does. If everyone ran in the opposite direction of "impossible" we wouldn't have those legendary icons and their contributions today. If you fall victim to being the fool at least you sought things out to find what the end will be and if it's good you will reap the benefits. However, I think sometimes we focus on the feeling of achieving the "unrealistic" and it feels so good that we fail to realize that some of our wants are not realistic. Sometimes it takes others to snap us back into reality, you just gotta weed out which of the others you want to listen to. I find it difficult to listen to people who tell me what I can't achieve something unless they've been there or been in my shoes. Everybody's a critic, it's easier to give criticism when you're not in that situation. Sometimes our needs are unrealistic and childish, we can't always have our way, but I want the people who "told me so" to at least be speaking out of personal experience.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know that's right. this post was very long.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

experience doesn't always mean good advice.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

experience doesn't always mean good advice.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

experience doesn't always mean good advice.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Experience doesn’t always mean good advice. It doesn’t always mean bad advice either. At the end of the day you will be affected by your deicisions. Life is a gamble. Choose wisely.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home