Friday, March 11, 2005

Poetry is what gets lost in translation.

Can I be cynical, and still be a skeptic?
Can I be racist, and still love everyone?
Can I be eclectic, and still settle?
Can I be strong, and still cry?
Can I be the man, but still need my mom?
Can I be horny, but not want sex?
Can I be a chauvinist, but still listen to the words of a woman?
Can I be weak and strong all at the same time?
Can I be a jerk, and still be loved?
Can I be sexy?
Can I be the best she's ever had?

Can my favorite color be blue, but most of the clothes in my closet be gray?
Can I love rap music, and defend it to the day, but listen to ColdPlay each and everyday?
Can I love the smell of gasoline?
Can I love the smell of coffee brewing but hate the taste?
Can I love women, but think that there evil to guys sometimes?
Can I love God but disagree with the church?
Can I love something that I've never tried?
Can I love my niggaz, but hate niggas?
Can I love white people, buy hate crackers?
Can I say I hate traffic, to many people and DC drivers, but never leave DC?
Can my sister get on my nerves 8 out of 10 times, but love her to death?
Can I love somebody to death?
Can I believe I'm the best she's ever had?
Can my love potion get her tangled in the web?
Can I hate smokers, but love my parents even though they smoke?
Can one verse really fuck up the game?
Can 50 cent really be this insane?
Can Nas really be the best rapper alive?
Can I chill in the cut with a woman that wants to give it up?
Can I walk down the street in peace with no heat?
Can all my words really not sit well with you?
Can I make you fall in love with me?
Can a seed grow from a pot? (I'm the seed)
Can I live only to die?
Can I live til' I die?

What gets lost in translation is what people seem to hinge there opinion upon. As my thoughts grow my scroll lengthens. We're at the mercy of others in this. Fortunately for my readers, this blog doesn't make them or me. Through you I see the world. Submerge with me, find me, and I will find you. Take me were you want me to go. I'm spontaneous and open. Open me up and broaden my mind. If my poetry gets lost in translation, help me translate it like historians with hieroglyphics. I will answer your call, but only if you call. I would like to say reading minds is my forte, but I've yet to get paid for it! So, with that said step up and I will step out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can hate DC traffic and not want to leave DC, but while we can be contrary about a number of things, there are things that we can’t be because it’s not within us. I find comfort in predictable folk, it's the ones that hop the fence constantly that make me nervous.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home