Monday, March 07, 2005

Just fall

When I was younger, I hungered for the weekend like my next meal. I also hungered for the summers to come like the ice cream truck a midst a hot July day. Now I hunger for happy times and moments of reflection. It seems as if I like to reflect because reflection reminds me of who I am. Even the bad experiences make me laugh. My child days remind me of sunshine in July. No matter what, I could conjure up something to do. I could make a mountain out of a mole hill. When July comes I feel a glow in my soul. I feel radiant, and full of life. It's a feeling that I wish lasted for a life time. July as an Adult is similar but different. When July comes I get the urge to skip work everyday, get my swimming trunks, and head for the pool. No work all play. Unfortunately I have built a life for myself, well not unfortunately, but I have built a life for myself and I want to maintain my standards of life. I have to find new fun. New forms of pleasure. You would think that as an adult you would grow and your mind would expand and your life would get more interesting. What was I thinking back than. When It was also simple, it was all so much better. I remember I used to be in the middle of having fun, and I would say to myself, I wish this moment would never end. Shortly after saying that, it would end, and I would temporarily be disappointed. Wow, how silly was I. There is a song that sings " I wish I knew what I know now, when I was younger." That song has so much meaning with such a simple line. All things considered, I will remember that line when I go into new experiences. I guess basically what I'm saying is, will I ever be ahead of the game. Will I not take things for granted, and remember to submerge myself in the moment. Lean back and chill. Don't brace myself for the fall, just fall, and everything will be ok? That's what I plan to do. Life in motion.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still enjoy the things about summer that I enjoyed when I was the child. The distant sound of the ice cream truck or the warmth of the summer sun on my skin still make me smile. While adult life is VERY different from my childhood, some things remain. Life was very simple then, but I wouldn't change it if I could. Because childhood was simple, doesn't mean it is always better. Those were fond memories as I am sure fond memory-making moments are to come in the future. Life experiences teach us to be ahead of the game. I think it best to just fall instead of wondering about how you will feel when you fall from that moment. Enjoy the moment and if it's rough or if it hurts later its a life experience. As adults we tend not to "fall" for the foolish things we've fallen for before....and that in itself is what makes adulthood so great and gives me a great sense of accomplishment. My mind has expanded and as a result my life is more interesting. I can't judge childhood as being the best anything because I have so much life ahead of me, God willing. I guess I see things in the reverse fashion, I foresee that my best memories have yet to come simply because the good times keep getting better.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home